ScrubsMag.com, compiled a list of the top 10 locations for nurses to live and work in 2018. They include San Francisco, Dallas, Boston, New York City and more. Reflecting the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) data, the top states with the highest job availability and salary for registered nurses are:
- California - annual wage approximately $100,000
- New York - annual RN wage approximately $80,000
- Texas - annual RN wage approximately $70,000
- Pennsylvania - annual RN wage approximately $68,000
- Florida - annual RN wage approximately $64,000
The BLS cites a bachelor’s degree as the typical requirement to enter the nursing field. For RNs who want to live in a nurse-friendly city and advance their education, Carson-Newman University’s online RN-BSN degree program may be an ideal fit. Designed for working nurses, C-N online empowers nurses to earn their BSN no matter their location. The majority of the coursework is 100% online and licensed RNs can receive up to 30 hours of credit for knowledge gained in basic nursing program. Jumpstart your career without sacrificing your personal and professional life, learn more here.
Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes291141.htm#st