The MSN-FNP degree program in nursing at Carson-Newman University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Carson-Newman Offers Complimentary Clinical Placement Services
Make your journey to become a family nurse practitioner (FNP) as efficient as possible. At Carson-Newman University, our online FNP students are supported from start to finish—and that includes comprehensive clinical placement services.
Clinical placement is the required clinical education component of Carson-Newman’s Family Nurse Practitioner degree and Post-Master’s Certificate programs. Clinicals work in tandem with the classroom-based coursework to prepare you for your future as a Family Nurse Practitioner providing primary care in the field.
During clinical placement, you'll gain:
- Real life practice with expert supervision
- Confidence and effectiveness
- Diversified experience
- Relationships with potential employers
- Counsel from an accomplished mentor
Here's how the clinical placement process works:
- A few months into your FNP program, you will receive a placement intake form.
- Using information from the form and clinical objectives, a dedicated placement specialist will locate an appropriate preceptor and handle the logistics for your clinical rotation.
- We source preceptors from our network of providers, but also welcome any referrals if you have a specific preceptor in mind.
- We will ensure your clinical sites are qualified to meet program and state-specific requirements, and will handle all of your rotation paperwork.
- Your Student Success Advisor will communicate with you regularly to guide you through each step, all the way up to graduation.
In schools where students are left to handle placement on their own, this puts added stress on the student. Intensive research and coordination takes time away from studies and could mean months of waiting for a placement. A lack of support may also lead to miscommunication or rejected placements, which could set a student's studies back for months.
The Carson-Newman Department of Nursing believes you are only as successful as your training, which is why we have taken the stress out of the clinical placement process. With this peace of mind, you can focus on your studies and building competency instead of worrying about clinicals.
“Clinical placement support” can mean various things from school to school. The Carson-Newman advantage is that our clinical placement services are comprehensive, giving give you the support you need to succeed as an FNP student, from start to finish.
- Our Network Support – Your Placement Specialist will handle the logistics of securing quality placement sites and preceptors from our network of providers for 600 clinical hours, as well as any referrals from you.
- Your Focus – Our support saves you hours, days, months of time, so you can focus on your coursework and core competencies.
- Your Success – Our comprehensive clinical placement services will help you stay focused and thrive as you gain clinical competencies as an FNP.